Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have a detroit series 60 that is leaking oil from between…

I have a detroit series...
I have a detroit series 60 that is leaking oil from between the head and the front timing cover it appears like. right in the area where the camshaft goes through. Can someone tell me the best and easiest way to fix this leak?
4/9/2015
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 7 years ago
Daniel Wilson
Hi it is Dan again. Ill be glad to help. You need to go through the Camshaftgeat timing cover and remove the cam gear to reseal the cam thrust plate. The newer style has an o ring seal and the older was a gasket. Here is the link for the procedure. Series 60 cam.
Daniel Wilson