Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

, I have a c-13 motor in my 2006 peterbilt. The breather…

Customer Question
Hello, I have a...
Hello, I have a c-13 motor in my 2006 peterbilt. The breather tube is filling up with grey snot constantly. Its bkocking the breather and causing the dipstick to blow out along with a lot of oil. And now today it plugged up the oil filter and caused a loss of oil pressure. What the heck is this stuff and how can I fix it?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
3/6/2015
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
The grey snot is coolant mixing with the oil. You have coolant entering the crankcase. Best way to determine where it is coming from is to remove the oil pan, and pressure the cooling system. Most likely it will be a cylinder sleeve, but not always. It will wipe out the crankshaft bearings in the engine, so it needs to be repaired as soon as possible.