Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have a 525celect plus 13 speed with 3.55 rears and can't get mo…

I have a 525celect plus...
I have a 525celect plus 13 speed with 3.55 rears and can't get more than 5.4mpg just wondering if I'm driving it at the wrong rpms.or am I lugging it too much
2/6/2015
Technician: Wayne, Journeyman replied 7 years ago
Wayne, Journeyman
Hi I'm Wayne
I will help you with this
1st off that is a good match,
norm for that is 5.0 to 6.9 MPG,
depends on driver,
you shift this early, at 1625 RPM, don't wind it out
need to find the sweet spot , may be 1600 Rpm
try going with this
If this helped you, Please rate my answer
If Not, Please USE REPLY BUTTON FOR MORE INFO
So what your r saying is steadily increase to 1600 or gradually pick up speed cause it seems to do great empty but if I am loaded it just has a hard time recovering
Hi Thank you for that
Like I mentioned you need to find the sweet spot of that Tractor
start at 1600,1625, find the sweet spot
maybe at 1645 RPM
we ha one that was at 1635 was the sweet spot, hauling Produce, that is heavy
Coming up to speed is not the problem the truck loses on the hills
Morning
Do you hear the turbo kick in
Yes gauge shows 30-34psi
Thank you for that
Turbo boost is good , No it is not a ECM problem
I am thing that the rear end 3.55 is to high
that is where you are losing power
Do u think a Pittsburgh power box would help on the hills?
Hi
Sorry for delay
I my self never dealt with it
but researched it , drivers swear by it
it has Great reviews
Thank u I appreciate your time and effort I guess I'm not doing anything wrong it's just geared a little too high
Your welcome
please remember to rate my answer
Wayne, Journeyman
Thank You