Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

2008 Mack Granite GU 813. MP8 engine. lighting bolt is

2008 Mack Granite GU...
2008 Mack Granite GU 813. MP8 engine.
lighting bolt is on @ dash. blue regen switch is blinking. performed regen. before and after having dpf filter cleaned both lights are still on.(blinking regen switch,lighting bolt on @ dash). what can it be? . what to look @ next?
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/5/2015
Technician: Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician replied 7 years ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience: ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, Network Engineer specializing in CAN faults, Aftertertreatment, and vehicle communications
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your concerns.
The lightning bolt on the dash means there is en electrical fault on the vehicle. It can be anything electrical causing it to come on. The vehicle will need to be scanned to see what the fault is.
Now on the regen light, blue light is good. Blue flashing light means one of two things. The regen mode has been turned off from auto or the vehicle is in a running regen mode. So make sure that the switch is in the middle setting to make sure the auto regen is on and the regen isn't in "inhibit" mode. The concern light is when it turns yellow and then later starts flashing yellow. Yellow means a regen is needed and flashing yellow means a parked regen is needed. If it flashed yellow and the red shutdown light comes on, then the vehicle need a computer hooked up and a forced regen done.
One other thing, you mentioned the filter was replaced and such. Was the computer hooked to the truck and the soot level rest as well as the regen maintenance rest performed on the vehicle? If not, that is most likely why you have the electrical light. If that isn't reset, the vehicle thinks the vehicle still needs a regen and is running a constant regen mode on the new filter, causing the blue light to remain flashing the entire time you are driving. Reset the filter soot level and the reset on the maintenance will have those lights go out.
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician