Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

2006 mack granite the head lights won't come on. I have

2006 mack granite the head...
2006 mack granite the head lights won't come on. I have running lights and high beam, but no low beam, plus I don't have wiring schematics for this truck
12/2/2014
Technician: Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician replied 8 years ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience: ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, Network Engineer specializing in CAN faults, Aftertertreatment, and vehicle communications
My name is ***** ***** I will try to assist you.
Check the relay and fuses first.
Second, those trucks are known to have issues with the high beam switch on the multi-switch. Many times have I needed to repalce those.
What schematics are you wanting? Just the headlight circuit? I'll need the model number of the vehicle.
Thanks for the info. The model # ***** Right now I need the fuse relay panel diagram the fuse relay description is missing and head light circuit. If you can share the electrical wiring for this truck, it will very much appreciated. This truck works on a very humid, dusty, dirty environment. I had a truck in the same area with many electrical problems.
Do you have Winrar or Winzip by chance?
If not, watch the video below. Get winrar or winzip.
Then go to second link (which is in the additional service email). Save it to your desktop.
Use winrar and open the files, and burn them to a CD. They are all the schematics for your vehicle with pics and locations of everything.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBSWP2uX12o
I see you looked at the response. Was there further assistance needed? If so, follow up and I can assist. Otherwise rate and I can close the question. Thanks!
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
These manuals/CDs, download them, Use winrar or winzip to extract to a emtpy file folder on your desktop. Then you can burn the contents in that folder onto a CD. This is the CD given to Mack employees.
Thanks for your rating!
Morning Jeremy, is there something else in this truck going bad, fuses are good relays are good Tha one I think is the relay. Change the multi switch still no head lights. When the light swith is turn on there should be current in all wires with exception of the black/ground wire?
On the switch, you should have a constant power going to it at all times. Your grounds are the marker switch and the headlight switch side of the switch. That power goes from there to the multiswitch to switch between headlights and high beams.
From there, it goes to the headlight relays and then to the headlights. If you have power going from the multiswitch, then the issue will be in the wiring from the mutiswitch to the headlights. So you will have to eliminate the faulty circuit. This takes some time so order a good lunch and be ready to get aggravated.
I would use a test light on the headlight reay and see that you have 2 power sources going into the relay, then put the clip on a known power and see that you have 2 grounds. If you fail on one of the grounds, you either have a bad ground to the chassis or a break in the wire going to the headlights.
On the relay, there will be numbers on the bottom next to the blades. If you do find no power or ground on one of those, give me that pin number and I will search the schematics and see if I can see where it goes to narrow this down with you.
My apologies Jeremy. I got side track but found the problem. It was the plug left front side of the radiator Making a false connection. Thanks for everything.I will rate. Thanks again
Technician: Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician replied 7 years ago
Thank you for the rating!
Happy you found the issue. Have a good night!