Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have a cat sdp c15, turbo went out and bypassed oil to dpf…

I have a cat sdp...
I have a cat sdp c15, turbo went out and bypassed oil to dpf system. We repaired and cleaned but code is present and can't get et to run manual regen. Moderate. Severity code
3719-0 and moderate severity code 3246-16 present. Any suggestions how to regen/fix
11/2/2014
Technician: Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert replied 8 years ago
Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Hi. Thanks for asking your question and requesting me! I will try and help you out.
The system will not attempt a regen with the code 3246-16 present. The code indicate a high DPF outlet temp. This code is caused by one of two things.
The first is the oil from the turbo failure is in the DPF and burning and causing the DPF outlet temp to rise. If you haven't already, the DPF will need to be removed and cleaned.
Second is a faulty DPF outlet temp sensor. If the DPF is clean and has no oil in it, I would consider replacing the DPF sensor box.
Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.
Is the sensor located above the dpf, part no(###) ###-#### ***** a sensor probe of each end and fitting
For hose off each end?
Yes that is it.
The sensor box has a temp sensor at each end of the DPF and a pressure sensor at each end of the DPF.
Let me know if you need more help.
Hey,
I just wanted to see how things were going. Please let me know if you need more help. I am happy to assist. If my information was helpful, please leave a good or higher rating so that I receive credit. Thanks.
Sorry took me so long to respond, no one had sensor box in stock. I replaced sensor today but code 3720-15 comes up, particulate filter ash load-high moderate severity (2).
Will this clear by running a regen, I have been able to run manual regen on (1) before but et don't let me for (2) or (3). Will this have to go to dealer?
Thanks for the update.
If you are getting the Ashe load high. It will need to go to the dealer. To get rid of this code, dealer factory passwords will be needed.
Let me know if you need more help. I am happy to assist.
Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert