I have a Volvo VIN# 4V4NC9GH54N369690 that I pulled some codes out of & would like to know what they mean. MID 128 PID

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: I have a Volvo VIN# XXXXX that I pulled some codes out of & would like to know what they mean.

MID 128
PID 27
FMI 5

MID 128
SID 146
FMI 6

MID 128
SID 266
FMI 6

MID 128
SID 266
FMI 13

MID 144
PSID 200
FMI 9

Thanks!
Answered by Andy in 1 day 9 years ago
imglogo
17+ years of experience
logo

Specialities include: Auto Body Technician, Heavy Equipment Repairs, Heavy Duty Engine Repairs, Brake and Transmission Repairs

I'm Michelle and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the Experts?

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,

Michelle~Moderator
Customer
No answers yet. I will keep waitng.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX continue to look for an Expert to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,
Michelle-Moderator
Hi there ! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I would like to try and help if I can !

Here are the code breakdowns:
graphic
The 144 fault is not and engine fault ! All faults starting with 128 are engine faults . Hope this helps you ! Looks like you are having EGR valve problem .
Customer

Thanks for the information!

I replaced the #2 EGR valve last July and everything has been fine till now.

The first code specifically says EGR #1. The second code isn't EGR specific. What do you think about this?

The last couple codes I don't think ever got cleared out of the system from before, so I'm not too concerned about them.

I just don't want to put EGR #1 on if I'm not pretty sure this will solve the problem & #2 EGR is still under warranty.

Thanks for your time.

Are these all active faults ? Only chase the active faults. That will lead you to your problem .
Is there something else you need?
Thanks for the Accept ! If you ever need any questions answered , just ask for Andy ! Take care !
Customer

None of the codes were active. I cleared all the codes and told him to drive it and if & when the codes came back we could check it & see what codes were active & had returned so we could pin point the issue and not just throw parts at it.

That is a good plan ! That is the best way to find out exactly what the problem is by getting the fault code to come active again !
Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
logo
logo
logo
17+ years of experience
imglogo
17+ years of experience
logo

Licensed mechanics

Pearl avatar
Steve Pearl, Mechanic's Assistant
14 Mechanics are online right now.