Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I AM TRYING TO FIND A WIRING HARNESS FOR 2001 FREIGHTLINER…

I AM TRYING TO FIND...
I AM TRYING TO FIND A WIRING HARNESS FOR 2001 FREIGHTLINER FL70 VIN. NO. IS 1FV6HJBBX1HG77185. THE FREIGHTLINER wiring harness no. is A06-33563-002. I cannot seem to find a new or good used one.I am wondering if Freightliner part no.A06-36525-000 will work and what is the differance. I can get them one of them . Gerald
1/31/2013
Technician: ClaytonH729, Mechanic replied 9 years ago
ClaytonH729
ClaytonH729, Mechanic
Hey, Welcome to Just Answer, I can help you.

I could not find a picture of the second harness to compare the two, it will not come up with your vin.

The first harness number is XXXXX vehicle interface harness, cat ECM, FL70. What is wrong with yours?

Try this last 8 digits of vin. no. 2hj86296 to get freightliner no. A06-36525-000. This is out of a 2002 fl70, the other is out of a 2001 fl70 the both have 70 pin 3126 cat. with 3060p allison transmission configerations. THE OLD HARNESS IS CORRODED BAD at the plug in at the engine.

Relist: Incomplete answer.
Your harness can be ordered, but it will have to be ordered from the Freightliner factory, it has to be built, it COULD take 3 weeks or a month. The Harness is $518 plus $65 Critical and Freight charges.

From comparing the 2 harness', the second harness has a connector for Shift and cruise. If the second truck has the cruise control knob on the shifter, that may be the only difference, and all you should have to do is cut the plug off and heatshrink the wires so they will not short.

The first harness does not. That is the only difference I see.

Will it work?, it should, but that is a risk you are taking.

Another option is to remove the wires one at a time from the connector, cut them off and just buy new pins and crimp them on, then stick them back in the connector. I do it all the time.
ClaytonH729
ClaytonH729, Mechanic

Hello Clayton,I feel good about your answer. I will buy the second one at a salvage yard, to get going, or do you know where I could get a good used one freightliner no. A06-33563-002. Thanking you for your help Gerald.

Hello Clayton, I feel good about your answer. I will buy the second one at a salvage yard, to get going, or do you know where I could get a good used one, freightliner no. A06-33563-002. Thanking you for your help Gerald

That would be the best place I would suggest.

www.heavydutytruckparts.net is another good place to look.