Dr.DAGO
Dr.DAGO, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine. Pulmonary/ Critical Care
93381398

Just want advice from another doctor. I’m a 19 year old

Second opinion] Hi just want advice from another doctor
JA: The Doctor can help. Just a couple quick questions before I transfer you. What are your symptoms? Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: I’m a 19 year old female, healthy. 2 weeks ago I got a sore throat which turned into a tickle in my throat and a dry cough. For about a week now I’ve had a productive cough with green mucus/flem that comes up when I cough deeply. I only have the slightest runny nose, but I’m not congested. No sneezing or watery eyes. No fever. Just a gross and productive cough. Now, for 2 days my lymph node right above my left collar bone is extremely sore and the muscle above that hurts when I cough, I’m not sure if it’s another lymph node though. Do I need antibiotics or just rest and hydrate?
JA: Have you used anything besides the antibiotics for this?
Customer: I haven’t taken antibiotics just Muccinex here and there
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No that’s it

Hello

This is Dr. Dago. I'm board certified.
I have over 10 years of experience.
I understand your concerns.
Do you have any other medical conditions?

Customer: replied 12 hours ago.
No, not that I am aware of. I’m overall quite healthy and only get sick about twice a year

I do not see any signs of major concern. No need for antibiotics. It's likely a transient viral infection. Drink plenty of fluids and take ibuprofen twice a day for 4 days.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Please rate the answer with 5-stars, by clicking the 5-stars above with your mouse (or with your finger on a mobile device).

Thank you

Customer: replied 12 hours ago.
Thank you very much. Very relieving to hear. I will rate 5 stars. Again, thank you for your advice and time!