the-good-doctor
the-good-doctor, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
55099014

My 27 year old son was tested last Wednesday for flu at an

my 27 year old son was tested last Wednesday for flu at an immediate care center..Hebwas then prescribed tamiflu and musinex for cold and flu. He has finished the tamaflu but still has a cough..should he be retestednfor flu..or is it possible it could have coronavirus...he does not have a fever and hasnt had ine for days..not sure what to do. He caanot return to work until he is clear of all symptoms..does he retest for flu even with a cough..can you have flu and coronavirus?
JA: The Pediatrician can help. Just a couple quick questions before I transfer you. When did your son start using Mucinex? How severe were any side effects?
Customer: He is 27
JA: What's the dosage of Mucinex he's using? Any allergies to medications or other substances?
Customer: No allergies to meds..he does have seasonal allergies tho
JA: Anything else in his medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Ill look at the musinex..one second

Hi, this is The Good Dr., here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

cough after a flu is common

so it is not unusual

if he has no fever or shortness of breath, he should self isolate and wait for this to pan out

I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).

We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Customer: replied 23 hours ago.
Ok

not much else to do at this point

he can't really see a doctor without an emergency

it sounds like he will be okay though

if he gets fever or shortness of breath, have him go in