the-good-doctor
the-good-doctor, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
55099014

I have had pain and pressure on my bladder since december

Second opinion] I have had pain and pressure on my bladder since december 20th. First urine exam was inconclusive for UTI. Dr. gave me antibiotics anyway. Symptoms improved but didn't go away. Second exam in February showed nitrites in urine. Gave me antibiotics again. Symptoms didn't go away. Since then, symptoms persist and I have done 4 urine tests that show negative for UTI
JA: The Urologist can help. Just a couple quick questions before I transfer you. Is the condition chronic, or acute?
Customer: I'm on antibiotics again and it my symptoms don't improve. I've done an X-ray and ultrassound everything is normal!
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: My condition seems to be chronic... it gets very bad some days in which I have to ice myself and can't walk properly

Hi, this is The Good Dr., here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

How old are you?

what are the symptoms?

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
female and 35 years old
Bladder pressure and pain when I urinate. Sometimes it burns so much after peeing that it lasts for a long time
Like the urine is burning my urethra
Customer: replied 1 day ago.
no UTI present based on urine culture, no STD, x-ray clear, pelvic ultrasound and renal ultrasound don't show any alterations
Customer: replied 1 day ago.
and the worst: advil, tylenol make no difference. nothing improves the pain

this sounds like interstitial cystitis

this is a condition of involuntary spasm of the bladder

this is common in young females

the treatment is avoiding spicy foods and a drug called elavil

10 mg at night

it will help

I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).

We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
thank you so much! how long should I take the drug for?

some people need it indefinitely

but you can continuously try to wean off

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
thank you

very welcome :)