Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Experience:  Years of experience in patients management.
12501846

Can you lose your taste or smell from a sinus infection or

Can you lose your taste or smell from a sinus infection or is it this coronavirus.

This is Dr. Shah and am reviewing your question now. I will respond to your question or request additional information shortly. Thank you for your patience

Yes, you can experience loss of smell/taste from any upper respiratory tract infection including sinus.

This is very common and temporary only.

you will get your smell/taste as you recover.

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
This is not from this awful coronavirus

If you do not have the most common symptoms of corona like fever, cough, tiredness, shortness of breath, then nothing to worry.

Please let me know if you need more information.

If not then please scroll up the page and click on 5 stars so that I can get the credit for my time with you

Any other question for me?