Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Physician
Experience:  MBBS DNB
25843817

I need information about varicella vaccine for my baby who

I need information about varicella vaccine for my baby who is turning 15 months on March 27. We have not done varicella for him yet. Need some advice.
JA: The Doctor can help. Just a couple quick questions before I transfer you. What are all your symptoms? Have you talked to a doctor about varicella?
Customer: No symptons, haven't talked to doctor
JA: Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: no

Hello

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is Dr Pravin and being a Medicine specialist I would be able to provide you with an

appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

Children need 2 doses of varicella vaccine, usually:

• First dose: 12 through 15 months of age
  • Second dose: 4 through 6 years of age

Older children, adolescents, and adults also need 2 doses of varicella vaccine if they are not already immune to chickenpox.

Varicella vaccine may be given at the same time as other vaccines. Also, a child between 12 months and 12 years of age might receive varicella vaccine together with MMR (measles, mumps, and rubella) vaccine in a single shot, known as MMRV. Your health care provider can give you more information.

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Hi Pravin, Yeah we recently moved from Canada , And In canada they do it once baby turn 15th month. Here I know they do in between 12-15 months. We have appointment schedule on Apr 22 with pediatrician. Is it okay to wait for some time? Also we do not want to go out and take a risk due to coronavirus outbreak. Thanks
.

Yes , you can defer it with the present situation.

There is no need . I am sure the baby may not come in contact with any child for atleast 2 months from now.

Regards

Dr. Pravin

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Thanks so much. Does it emerge automatically
in babies once baby turns 15 months? just curious..

No NOT at all!

Regards

Dr. Pravin

I have released the rating service application on your page .

Please do leave me a feedback for my opinion provided.

Regards

Dr Pravin