Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Consultant Pediatrician at Kanchi Kamakoti CHILDS Trust Hospital
101124971

My son is 1 years old and has 103.1 fever. It’s getting

My son is 1 years old and has 103.1 fever
JA: The Pediatrician can help. Just a couple quick questions before I transfer you. Has your son's fever been stable or getting worse?
Customer: it’s getting worse
JA: How long has he been dealing with the fever? Is this a repeating or first-time issue?
Customer: first time, it started yesterday afternoon
JA: Anything else in his medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: no

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 15 years of experience in the field of Pediatrics at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

If you see a premium phone call request I suggest you ignore it - as the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I would be glad to continue here please.

Kind regards - Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
THANK YOU

I am sorry to ask but can you clarify -

1. Has he been exposed to any suspected case of COVID-19?

2. Was there any history of international travel in the past 3 weeks?

3. Is he a wheezer?

4. Does he have any chronic disease which warrants immunosuppressive medications?

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
No none of the above questions, we have been home.
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
No wheezing. No diseases. No traveling. No exposure

Hi...by what you say I feel that your kid is going through a viral illness. This might be a common flu.

There can be many nonspecific symptoms like - headache, tummy pain, vomiting, diarrhea, body pains, cough (occasionally disturbing).

Unless the kid is having decreased urine output/ rash over the body / altered sensorium or respiratory distress you need not worry about it.

I will explain you how a viral illness behaves so that you can be more confident.

Fever of few days without any localizing signs could as well a viral illness. Usually rather than fever, what is more important is the activity of the child, in between 2 fever episodes on the same day. If the kid is active and playing around when there is no fever, it is probably viral illness and it doesn't require antibiotics at all. Once viral fever comes it will there for 4-7 days. So do not worry about duration if the kid is active.

Meanwhile alternate Tylenol and Ibuprofen (Better not in the wake of the current pandemic) if the temperature is more than 100F and keep the kid well hydrated please.

I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800

Kind regards - Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Thank you so much!

May I request for a 5 - star positive rating so that I can get my professional credit please.

I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you. In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime.

Kind regards - Dr Sumanth Amperayani