Aaron Branch
Aaron Branch,
Experience:  Attending Physician at Mercy Medical Center
89128835

A pull top can of pinto beans popped loudly when I opened

A pull top can of pinto beans popped loudly when I opened it. There were no bubbles or strange odors. Is it safe to use?
JA: The Expert will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Expert can help you best.
Customer: I just want to make sure the beans are safe to eat based upon the information provided above.
JA: Is there anything else the Expert should be aware of?
Customer: The wasn't dented or misshaped in any way

Hello, I'm Dr. Branch, thanks for using JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will respond back to you soon.

A louder than normal pop would suggest there was increased pressure in the can, which could be due to many reasons, but as long as the beans appear normal, I wouldn't be concerned. I would just try eating one to make sure it tastes alright, and if so, I would consider them safe to eat.

I hope that helps, please let me know if you have any other questions about that, and I would be glad to discuss it with you further.