Dr. T Bear
Dr. T Bear, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Medical Doctor
107002081

I have a new lump in my breast and I want to get it checked

I have a new lump in my breast and I want to get it checked out but I'm not sure my doctor will be able to during this pandemic
JA: The Doctor can help. Just a couple quick questions before I transfer you. How long have you had the lump? Have you used any medication for it?
Customer: About a week or so, no I havent. I am only 24 but my mother passed away from cancer(breast wasnt primary but that's how she found out) and I also have an aunt who recovered from breast cancer
JA: When was your last doctor visit? What did you discuss?
Customer: I get monthly allergy shots with my nurse, I went in last Thursday but i didnt mention the lump
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Just mental health concerns, ptsd anxiety depression, could be an overreaction during these stressful times
Hi thanks for the question. I have a breast imaging specialist. With any new lamp you definitely need to get a diagnostic examination. Being 24 years old this would include a physical examination with a ultrasound. Even during the pandemic we are still seeing patients for diagnostic examinations such as yourself so I suspect most places in your area would also be able to do the same thing.
I am a*
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Okay thank you I will call my doctor in the morning. If they cant see me will a walk in clinic be able to help?
A walk in clinic won’t be able to do much...I would ask your doctor if they could refer you to a diagnostic Breast imaging center...that would be your one stop shot to limit potential exposure
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Okay thank you so much, glad to have a plan in place
Yes you’re welcome...it isn’t an emergency so no reason to rush in before they can actually see you
And if you can please rate this question it would be greatly appreciated
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Okay
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Sure