Sabrina Gie
Sabrina Gie, MD, Medical Specialist lll, Dept. of Health
Experience:  Public Health/General Physician in a tertiary Teaching & Training Medical Center, MD, MS, MDA, MPH, CSEE, CESE
105638049

My partner has high blood pressure and is on medication. It

Hi, my partner has high blood pressure and is on medication. It is kind of working. He is an AA on road service officer. Front line worker. Should he still be working on the front line? Is he at a higher risk of catching Covid 19 because of his existing condition?
JA: The Doctor can help. Just a couple quick questions before I transfer you. When was your partner prescribed this medication? How severe were any side effects?
Customer: 10 to 15 years ago. Headaches from previous medication so trying different ones. Last visit 4 months ago. Still high blood pressure always is. Been on Zapril 5mg by itself no side effects so they have added Amlodipine 2.5mg (APO) both taken once a day.
JA: Has he seen a doctor about high blood pressure?
Customer: Recently? is that the question? He got a repeat script recently but didn't see the Dr.
JA: Anything else in his medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No heart condition just a hernia that he is scheduled to have operated on some time this year. He suffers from mild depression but not on meds for it. He is an anxious person.
Hello this is Doctor Gie, Medical specialist. I am currently reviewing your concern. Pls note that all phone call requests are auto-generated and you may ignore these requests. Communicating through chat is just fine with me
May I know his age?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Yes Chat is fine with me. I will have my partner with me for the chat.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
His name is Frank Venczellak and he is currently 66 birthday in June so will be 67 soon.
I understand. High risk for fatatlity for COVID is age, 60 above, cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, hypertension. Considering this, your partner is indeed high risk for COVID19 complication.
Now it is your partner’s prerogative if he still wants to work in the frontline
Is there anything else I can help you with? Or is there anything that is not clear to you? I would gladly clarify it to you
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thank you for your advice.
You’re welcome. I’m glad to be of help
In the meantime, Dont forget to give me a five star rating on top of this conversation for the time and medical attention I have rendered answering your health concerns. Please note that you can help still continue your consultation even after you have rated me. Thank you so much