Dr. Deb
Dr. Deb, Medical Doctor (MD)
Experience:  17 years practicing Emergency Medicine and Family Medicine. 30 years in Healthcare Consulting with a focus on Lyme Disease, Bartonella, Babesia, Mold-related Illness, and childhood head injury.
107773398

I am a 60 year old man.,I need to know what kind of fruits

I am a 60 year old man.I'm Have Diabetes,I need to know what kind of fruits and bread I can eat,if any,that will not cause my Glucose/sugar to go up.Can you help me?
Hello there. I hope all is well. I think you can eat any fruit you like , but if they’re sweet then you can only eat small portions. Same applies to bread, you can only have small pieces when you like but not much

Hi there! Dr. Deb here from JA. Just give me a moment to look over your question and I'll be right back with more info.

With Diabetes, it is important to keep the Glycemic Index of the foods you are eating in mind. You may already be familiar with this, but foods with a higher glycemic index will break down into glucose more rapidly in your body and cause a higher spike in your blood glucose level. The best options for you would be types of fruits and breads that are lower on the glycemic index scale.

For example, breads that are higher in fiber tend to take a longer time to break down into glucose, and therefore have a lower glycemic index. Likewise, berries have a lower glycemic index. Here are a couple of articles with more information on both.

Breads: https://www.thediabetescouncil.com/best-bread-for-people-with-diabetes/

Fruits: https://www.healthline.com/health/diabetes/low-glycemic-fruits-for-diabetes#grapefruit

Does the information I provided help to answer your question? Please let me know if there is anything more I can do to help.

Dr. Deb, Medical Doctor (MD)
Experience: 17 years practicing Emergency Medicine and Family Medicine. 30 years in Healthcare Consulting with a focus on Lyme Disease, Bartonella, Babesia, Mold-related Illness, and childhood head injury.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Yes,Thank you.I gave you 5*****

Wonderful! I'm glad the information was helpful. Thank you very much for the rating, and best of luck with your health concerns.