Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Experience:  Years of experience in patients management.
12501846

I have taken a urine test 2 days ago and the results say I

Hello, I have taken a urine test 2 days ago and the results say I have leucocytes at 25, a cloudy appearance and presence of calcium oxalate. My appointment to discuss the results is in 2 weeks. I am in discomfort now, especially feeling the urge to urinate constantly. The pharmacists tell me I need antibiotic rather than any over the counter remedy. Also, I am on Eliquis 5mg twice a day for life, so can’t take any anti inflammatory. Can you help with this?
JA: The Doctor can help. Just a couple quick questions before I transfer you. Have you used the antibiotic or anything similar before?
Customer: I had a UTI 2 years ago and I am pretty sure I was prescribed an antibiotic back then.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about the UTI?
Customer: If you mean the one I supposedly have now, not yet
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I had a blood clot 10 years ago and a protein S deficiency, that is why I am on blood thinners for life.

This is Dr. Shah and am reviewing your question now. I will respond to your question or request additional information shortly. Thank you for your patience

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Hello Dr, thank you.

You have UTI with active symptoms.

Your test result is also indicating UTI.

You need to get back to any walk in clinic, and they will give you antibiotic after assessment.

You need to start it now, there is no point in waiting for 2 weeks.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Okay, got it. You can't prescribe it correct?

No, can't do it from here online.

You can get a temporary relief from OTC AZO.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Perfect, thank you very much for your help. I will go to a walk-in clinic then. Have a good day

You are welcome!
Thanks for visiting justanswer.
Now you can scroll up the page and click on 5 stars so that I can get the credit for my time with you.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Will do