Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Medical Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Physician
96392890

My daughter tested positive for chlamydia. She us 22 in

My daughter tested positive for chlamydia. She us 22 in monogamous relationship for 2 years. Her partner tested negative. I suggested she have a 2nd test which also came back positive. Her first test was a cervical swab during her annual pap smear. The second was a urine test at her college clinic. His was a urine test at his college clinic. She is tested annually and has never tested positive. He has never been tested until currently.
JA: The Doctor can help. Just a couple quick questions before I transfer you. How long has your daughter had chlamydia? Has she used any medication for it?
Customer: She has been prescribed the correct antibiotic . She was tested last week and again this week. She is asymptomatic.
JA: Has she seen a doctor about chlamydia?
Customer: her primary care tested cervical at her annual exam
JA: Anything else in her medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: she takes an injection for birth control. She has not engaged in sexual behavior with anyone other than her current partner for 2 years.

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
����

Thank you for this information. And was he tested again as well to confirm his positivity or lack thereof?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Not yet

That's usually the next step in my practice. Now that your daughter had a confirmatory test, it would be good to retest him as well.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I agree. I have been researching the issue as to one partner in a monogamous relationship testing positive. It seems this does happen but is a Grey area

In my practice it usually ends up being that one partner has had a different partner. And that can always hard to uncover and address.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
My daughter is honest with me. I will suggest he be retest Ed. He had a urine test, would you suggest the same again?

Yes, a urine test in men is quite accurate but it should be the first bit of urine and done earlier in the day. A clean catch isn't ideal for urine testing in men.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
What do you mean that a clean catch isn't ideal for men?

Clean catch is when the genital area is wiped first, urination begins, and then a sample is collected. For STD testing, the first amount of urine is ideally collected.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Got it! Thank you

you're welcome.