Baisal
Baisal, Board Certified MD
Experience:  General surgeon at Regional pediatric hospital
105152200

I'm sorry for this question, i don't mean to offend :( About

I'm sorry for this question, i don't mean to offend :( About 4 years ago, I was infected with Syphilis due to unprotected sex. I was safetly diagnosted about a month later, and received treatment. Went back, and they stated I was cured, the levels were pretty much non existant. Now, for the last 3-6 months (I haven't been sexually active for almost 4 years now), my scrotum is very itchy, very red, feels plasticy, and I don't know why. I have tried topical creams, but they don't seem to work. I had a friend tell me it may be syphilis again, and maybe I wasn't cured, even though the tests said I was. Could it be syphilis? Should I get tested again? I haven't had any other symptoms, just very very chronically itchy scrotum.
JA: The Doctor can help. Just a couple quick questions before I transfer you. How long have you had the itchiness? Have you used any medication for it?
Customer: About 6-8 months, and Yes, i have tried topical creams, fungal creams, the pain goes away if i use lotions, but then comes back once the ksin dries out.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about the pain?
Customer: Yes - they didn't really do anything, just said to keep the area moist, but man, it's very itchy
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: no

Hi, this is Dr Baisalov, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over
15 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you

I am very sorry about your symptom. Please provide, when you have had you last STI panel test?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
My last panel test was about a year ago, and all were negative.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I prefer chat - sorry, i just am rather embarassed to even ask

Please ignore the phone call offers, they are automated

In some cases, the test may be not detect, because some infections can be hidden-inside your cells. Take the test again, I think during the itcheness it will help, also do some provocative maneuvers: drink a couple bottles of beer+spicy food/fatty food, which is help to detect becaming more active STI agents

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
okay i'll go back to the doctor again, any other suggestions?

Yes, in meantime you may use E45 itch relief cream, topically.