Dr.Dang
Dr.Dang, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Physician
107062406

I have a dr consolation tomorrow for a benign tumor in my

I have a dr consolation tomorrow for a benign tumor in my breast I was just wondering what to except and what may my options be if I have been sent to a surgeon for this
JA: The Doctor can help. Just a couple quick questions before I transfer you. How long have you had the tumor? Have you used any medication for it?
Customer: I started bleeding back in September if this year it started with bloody and puss coloured discharge. No pain I went for scans and I have non cancerous tumours
JA: What did you discuss at your last visit to the doctor?
Customer: Just sent me to a surgeon clinic
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I smoke weed and I have had a baby a year ago tomorrow

How do you know it is a benign tumor?

Was a biopsy done?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
No I went for scans and was told by radiologists that they looked benign
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
And my family dr sent me to the surgeon
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
So I was left with a bloody discharge breast. No signs of infection or werid blood work
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
No

The problem is, unless you have a biopsy to prove they are benign, no one can really say definitively that they are benign.

The surgeon will likely say, you are going to need a biopsy to confirm these tumors are actually benign.

Breast cancer does not show up on any blood tests.

Mammograms, Ultrasounds, and now even MRIs can only tell you if there is a tumor, solid or cystic.

MRIs are a little better in being able to tell you more about the tissue.

Biopsies will tell you if the tissue is cancerous or benign.

Hope this helps.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I went for scans
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
And the radiologist

See above.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I went for an ultrasound and a mri
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
So the next step for me is most likely a bispoy

Then a biopsy is the next step to confirm there is no cancer.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Ok so tomorrow would be a consolation to most likely discuss the process of a bispoy. What would happen if cancer is found ?

The biopsy results will determine what needs to be done further.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Will I get results the same day ? I'm just confused I've waited over 6months with a bloody chest!
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
They must not think it's cancer if it's not urgent

If you need a biopsy, then it will be scheduled.

The results could take up to 1-2 weeks, depending on what needs to be done to the tissue.

If it is completely benign, then you probably will find out within 5 days, but I am not sure how fast the Canadian system works.

Hope this helps.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
It actually puts a lot of peace to my mind I am only 27 years of age
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
And to be frank I rather pay for American service
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I've opted for complete removal of whatever is causing the bloody discharge as I've discussed this with my family dr. So I'm just confused as to if he wi
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
ll bispoy or completely remove the masses in my chest

At 27 y/o, the chances of cancer are lower, and this is probably reactive breast disease.

Complete resection for a non-malignant mass in a young woman is not really what anyone wants to encourage for you.

But I think, family history of breast cancers or any type of cancers, genetic testing for BRACA genes, all of these should be taken into consideration before you decide for any type of complete resection.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Wat is resection ?

Resection is surgical removal of the tumor or mass.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
And what's reactive breast disease no if this has been discussed with me see why ya Canadians come over to use ur services
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Like u said no one has confirmed that these are not cancerous. I am going off a radiologist opinion of my mri scan back in November

Reactive breast disease, mostly due to hormonal changes, in young women.

During the menstrual cycle, cystic breast tissues can develop and feel like lumps or nodules.

These are usually very benign.

The next step should be a biopsy.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Kingston Ontario kgh has one of the best cancer clincs in Canada im sure they will do the right thing. I'm just concerned about losing my chest. I'm all
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
d how much longer I will be wait for this to be over.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
for removal and not having to do chemo or hormone therapy which was discussed. I'm just not sure how a bispoy works and what excatly will come from it an
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
What concerns me is I am physically exhausted as well as experience symptoms of swollen lymph nodes in my neck but never my arm.

A biopsy can be a simple core needle biopsy, which is when they insert a needle into the tumor and take a sample and send off to pathology.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I have more then one tumor in the affected breast

The worst thing is the waiting and not knowing.

The MRI will help the surgeon to decide which one to biopsy.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I would assume the largest masses and the one that's causing the discharge Wud be the smartest approach

Not necessarily, the surgeon will make the final decision after talking to you and explaining what the best approach will be.

No need to guess and make your self feel more at a lost.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I’m already in a state of loss and confusion. With generalized aneixty disorder it’s hard to not have a game plan going in

The only game plan is wait for the surgical consultation and recommendations.

You have enough information now to ask the right questions.

You just have to depend on the expertise of the surgeon, as you stated, Ontario has one of the best breast clinics in Canada, trust in them.

For now try to relax, which is easy to say, but it is all you can do until the consultation.

Hope this helps and I hope you feel better soon.

Please give me a rating as I am new to this site.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
what are the chances of them doing a bispoy tomorrow?

Unlikely, they would need to schedule you first.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thank u for putting my mind at ease

Your very welcome.