Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

I have a question about ovulation and can I get pregnant 4

I have a question about ovulation and can I get pregnant 4 days before my expected period
JA: The OB/GYN Doctor can help. Just a couple quick questions before I transfer you. Are you using any contraceptives? When did your last period begin?
Customer: No I’m not on birth control and my last period was January 16th and next one was suppose to be yesterday
JA: When was your last pap test, and what were the results? Any swelling, discoloration, or unusual smells?
Customer: I’ve never had a Pap test
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: no

Hello, my name is Dr Stan, I am US trained, Board Certified with 30 years of patient experience. Please allow me a moment to review your question.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I had sex This past Sunday morning and the condom slipped so we stopped but I had pelvic pain but I thought maybe the sex was too ruff and I’ve been spotting since Monday. I took plan b yesterday morning just incase because I didn’t see my period. Still spotting I have alittle bit of pain on and off but I feel better now
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I’m just confused to why I still don’t have my period

I'm sorry you are concerned about a possible pregnancy. Typically you would ovulate 9-12 days after the first day of your period. So if your last period started on January 16th you would have ovulated between January 25th and January 29th. So the chance of you being pregnant from intercourse this past Sunday is about zero.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
That's what I thought I'm just worried because I'm still spotting. so what should
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Can ruff sex effect my period I was in a lot of pain on Monday and Tuesday but I thought maybe my period started early

Taking Plan B can cause some pain and alter your normal hormone levels. You can take Ibuprofen for any cramps. Your body should get back to normal by your next period. At this time there is no reason for concern.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
But I was suppose to get my next period yesterday

Taking Plan B can alter your cycle for 1-2 periods. Stress over a possible pregnancy can also alter your cycle. Try to relax and your period will come on soon.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Okay Thankyou !

You are welcome.

I hope I have addressed your concerns. Have I?

Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have.

I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. I sincerely hope that I have helped you and that I have earned your 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Yes I'm just need to relax and I'm just waiting to see my period lol Okay

glad to help.