Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I had unprotected sex on the 24th of November while I was on

I had unprotected sex on the 24th of November while I was on day 3 of my period.I took morning after pill(Plan B) the day after which was roughly 12 hours after.The next week I started feeling nausea and had slight diarrhea.I then continued to be dizzy and had mild headache as well as fatigue.my body temperature was quite high.Today on the 2nd of December I experienced light bleeding and mild cramps on my abdomen.I must add that I had a lot of stress during the week.
Could I be pregnant?

Hello from JustAnswer. This is Dr. Love.

These symptoms would not be due to pregnancy from the encounter on November 24th.

First, it is very unlikely that someone could get pregnant from sex on day 3 of their period. And then the use of Plan B would make the likelihood even less. So, it would be extremely unlikely that you could have gotten pregnant from this encounter.

Second, even in the extremely rare chance that you could get pregnant from this encounter, it would not be causing symptoms this quickly. It takes some time for the fertilized egg to implant (about a week) and then some additional time before any hormones are released that can cause the typical pregnancy symptoms.

Abnormal bleeding patterns after taking Plan B are common. The symptoms that you describe certainly could be due to stress. But with an elevated temperature, nausea, slight diarrhea, headache, dizziness, and cramping, it is most likely that these symptoms are due to an infection, and a viral infection would be the most common.

But you do not need to be concerned that a pregnancy is causing these symptoms.

If I can provide any clarification, please let me know.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
As infection was mentioned,does that include sexually transmitted infection ?

The symptoms that you describe are not typical for any sexually transmitted disease.