Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS Experienced in all Medical Specialities
28277873

Can erectile dysfunction happen all of a sudden. No change.

Hey
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: Can erectile dysfunction happen all of a sudden
JA: The Urologist can help. Just a couple quick questions before I transfer you. Any pain or burning sensation while urinating? What color is your urine?
Customer: no change
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Are you a real person or am I talking with a computer

Hello and thank you for the question.
I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Board Certified Consultant with over 15 years of experience and I will do my best to help you today.
Let me review your question for a minute and I will get back to you.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Yes there doc

Actually there are 3 main reasons for Erectile dysfunction. A problem in the blood supply to penis (as it happens with age, diabetes, cholesterol build up in vessels), or any pathology in the nerve supply to the penis (nerve injury, diabetic neuropathy), or hormonal problems (reduced testosterone) with age ---- these are the three main medical reasons for ED.

But the most common problem is Psychological, and its fairly common reason for sudden ED development.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I’m 22 years old and I was fine 2 days before Then all of a sudden I feel like I have some problem and all this happened all of a sudden so I want to ask if it is possible to have ED just in one day

For the other medical reasons (vascular, hormonal or neurological), the ED does not develop suddenly. It takes years to manifest itself.

But Psychogenic ED can develop suddenly. Performance anxiety, interpersonal relationship issues, stress etc do play a significant role and you may not be able to get a good erection.

So yes, it is possible to have ED in 1 day (depending upon the cause).

Was it helpful?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I’m so much worried about it from two days that I don’t think anything else whole day except this, I get boner in morning
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Masterbation can cause ED?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I mean excessive masterbation like 3,4 times a day

Having an early morning erection is indicative that you do not have any vascular, hormonal or neurological reason for this. Other wise you will never get an erection if any of these was the underlying cause.

Masturbation does not cause ED, BUT OFF COURSE, if you have ejaculated 3-4 times in a day, it will take a while for the penis to get similar level of erection as you get after a continence period of few days. Penis, like any other organ also needs rest.

Stay relaxed, this is not serious. Just relax and it should get better on its own.

If it does not, see your doctor as there are good remedies to treat this problem depending upon the underlying cause.

Sex counselors are of great help in treating psychogenic ED.

Good luck and my sincere wishes for your good health.

Please do not forget to Click and Give 5 Star Rating (at the top of screen) to my service as this is the only way I get credit for my time and expertise on your question. Bonus Always helpful.
If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Kindest Regards.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I’m not masturbating from 2,3 days but still whenever I’m with partner I get problem in having an erection, I have to touch it much more to get erection it never happened before .
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Whenever I’m with partner I don’t feel to have sex anymore, I think like I don’t have anymore feelings about sex
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Why is it happening that all of a sudden all the feelings are gone

This is highly suggestive of anxiety, and this can happen to any one at any time. You need sex counselor to help you in this regard.

And once you start thinking more and more about it, the fear of not getting erection leads to a vicious circle of repeated thoughts, and hence suppresses the libido and erection.

Try to relax yourself. And try to get sex counselor consultation.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I’m in China here I can’t even go to a doctor and tell my problem because they don’t speak English how am I gonna find a sex counseler here
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
And can I get ED because of watching porn ?

That is a problem. You can try at a private hospital or a university hospital. Most likely you will find English Speaking doctors. But honestly I am not sure about the standard of medical care in china.

Watching Porn is not a reason for ED.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
But whenever I watch porn I get erection but when I’m with a girl I don’t get it why is it happening

This is because of performance anxiety. As I mentioned earlier, this is due to stress.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
And any pills I should take for it or it’s just because of something else like performance anxiety or stress

No, this is not something that requires pills. This is treated by relieving your stress and anxiety, which can be done by counselor as psychiatrist.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thanks for the help doc

If you get appropriate help, this can be treated easily. So stay relaxed, this is not something permanent and can be treated effectively.

Kindest Regards.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Will stopping masturbation for few weeks will help ?

May help. You can try that.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
One more question doc, I tried viagra yesterday and when I was about to do sex that time I had to touch it several time to get it stronger even after taking viagra , is it also because of stress ?