Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

I would like to ask a doctor a question about a possible

I would like to ask a doctor a question about a possible pregnancy
JA: The OB/GYN Doctor can help. Just a couple quick questions before I transfer you. How many weeks are you? What are all the medications you're using?
Customer: I'm not sure if I'm pregnant
JA: Are you taking any vitamins? How frequently per week do you exercise?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: no

Hello, my name is Dr Stan, I am US trained, Board Certified with 30 years of patient experience. Please allow me a moment to review your question.

I'm sorry you are concerned about a possible pregnancy. Please tell me the date of the first day of your last period. Do you use any form of birth control? When did you have unprotected intercourse?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Good morning doctor.

Good morning. I can better help you after you respond to my questions.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I usually get my period around the 20th of each month. My husband and I had unprotected sex around the first of November, and somewhere between Nov. 11-15. I did not get my period this month, and have taken two home pregnancy urine test that both came back as not pregnant. I was wondering if I could have possible tested too soon, or is that enough time?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I started my period on the 20th of last month. (Oct)
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I dont use any birth control
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
We took the test yesterday, and on Saturday
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I had a cold for about 10 days near the beginning of November and was under some stress for about a week due to work-related issues around the middle of November.

Thank you.

So, if your last period started about October 20th, you would have ovulated between Oct 29 and Nov 3. It usually takes 10 days after a missed period for a home pregnancy test to be positive. May I suggest you repeat the pregnancy test in another 5-7 days to get an accurate result. Stress can change the timing of your period and a "cold" may also cause a hormonal change. Please repeat your test and then you will know for sure if you are or are not pregnant.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Would taking a blood test tomorrow help out?

Yes, the HcG blood test is more accurate than the home urine tests. Are you trying to get pregnant?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No we are not at this point

Take the blood test. If positive, then termination at this time is achievable with medication, if that is your choice.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
With the info I sent, what do you think the chances of us being pregnant are at this point, with two negative test coming back so far?

Probably very low, maybe 1/200 since you took the tests more than 10 days after missing your period. Take the blood test to be certain, but again, your chance of pregnancy is very low.

I hope I have addressed your concerns. Have I?

Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have.

I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. I sincerely hope that I have helped you and that I have earned your 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you.

Any additional thoughts, questions?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I think that's all for now. We just cant figure out the missed period and then the negative pregnancy tests.

Thank you for allowing me to be of help.