Timothy Upchurch
Timothy Upchurch, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Phyician with 12 years clinical experience
107008378

Is it ok so see flashing lights after you lift something

Is it ok so see flashing lights after you lift something heavy in the gym?

Hello, I'm Dr. Upchurch. Thank you for using JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question and will post my reply shortly.

Do you notice any pain or headache at the time you notice the flashing lights? Any history of migraines?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
No there isn't any pain
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I was under some light when I was excersing

I think what is happening is that you are "straining" as you lift, and this strain is being transmitted to the backs of your eyes. If you press on your eyeball, this will cause "flashing lights" as the retina gets distorted. If this issue reesolves quickly and is not associated with any pain or other symptoms, I think this is "normal."

Was this helpful? Anything else I can answer?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Cheers

You are very welcome! Thank you so much for using JustAnswer.com! My goal is to provide you with the most accurate and helpful (5-star rated) answer to your question. If you need no further information, please rate my success with our rating system. If you do need more help, do not hesitate to ask again or request me!