Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

I am 7 weeks pregnant with my 4th child and I’m having some

I am 7 weeks pregnant with my 4th child and I’m having some symptoms that I am concerned with
JA: The OB/GYN Doctor can help. Just a couple quick questions before I transfer you. Have you gone in for a first-trimester ultrasound or any tests? What are all the medications you're using?
Customer: no
JA: Are you taking any vitamins? How frequently per week do you exercise?
Customer: prenatals
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: no
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
My symptoms are stomach cramps and feeling absolutely cold all the time and so tired I literally pass out wherever I am in whatever position I am in. And I’m getting in trouble at work because of it . Is all of this normal? Expecially the one where I am freezing cold all the time like chills with no fever

Hello, my name is Dr Stan, I am US trained, Board Certified with 30 years of patient experience. Please allow me a moment to review your question.

Congratulations on your pregnancy. This sounds like over exertion. May I suggest you get off your feet and get some extra rest. The feeling of being "cold" may be related to your Thyroid and would not be too unusual with a pregnancy. Please contact your OB and request a blood test to evaluate your Thyroid gland. If your blood test, TSH is high, then placing you on medication will make you feel better.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you so much. If I had a thyroid issue would that harm the baby in any way?

You are welcome.

If you do have Thyroid insufficiency and it is treated, your baby will not be harmed. You should discuss this with your OB and get the blood test. This is easily resolved.

I hope I have addressed your concerns. Have I?

Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have.

I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. I sincerely hope that I have helped you and that I have earned your 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you.