Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine
56178413

I once purchased a female urination device from amazon.

I once purchased a female urination device from amazon. After a while when I plan to use it, i found it has been opened. I forgot whether I opened the package or it has been opened by others. What if it has been used by another female and there is some vagina discharge in it although I did not notice any wet things in it. Is it still a transmission source of HIV?

Hi, thanks for the question, I have vast experience in diagnosing & treating all health & medical conditions, including hiv infections too, and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

Please see there is no possibility of you having contracted hiv during the incident you have mentioned above

There are so many conditions that need to be met or fulfilled before hiv can enter our body and establish an infection

It does not appear in your case any of such conditions have been met or fulfilled - so there is absolutely no possibility of having contracted hiv in your case.

The virus causing hiv, the human immunodeficiency virus (hiv) is an extremely fragile virus once it is outside the human body, and it cannot survive in the environment and on inanimate objects such as urination device etc for long

In fact it dies rapidly once it is outside the human body

So hiv does not spread through inanimate objects or non-living objects.

Even a few seconds of exposure to the environment will lead to inactivation of this virus. So, the virus would not be alive to cause the infection - even if the above mentioned urination device had been used by another female, even if she had hiv and even if some of her vaginal discharge had come into contact with the above mentioned device, so you are totally safe.

Once again I can very confidently reassure you, please see there is certainly no risk of having contracted hiv in your case during the incident you have mentioned above (using the above type of urination device), there is in fact not even an iota of suspicion for hiv transmission during the above types of incidents, accordingly you are certainly & totally safe in this regard, so please not to be scared, and you can fully relax!

Wishing you the very best of health!

All the very best!

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss this further. And please take a moment and kindly click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & the professional effort put by me in answering your health question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you. Rating me now will not close your question, and if you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too!

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

For future questions you can follow up either here, or you can reach me directly with "A question for Dr Subbanna MD" through my Just Answer direct link mentioned below here;

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsubbannamd

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi Dr. Subbanna, Thanks for your such detailed explanations. I have another few questions related to usage of public toilet due to have annal fissure and bleeding hemorrhoids after delivering a baby:

Episode 1. Horrible backsplash happened during bowl movement with the bleeding hemorrhoids. The laceration repair has been healed but left an external hemorrhoids like polyps that iwas also bleeding a little bit during that backsplash. I was so scared and did the test after three months that is negative.

Episode 2: Tiny backsplash still would like to happen sometimes while I pee after the test. Am I at risk?

Episode 3: I noticed some suspicious dry blood on the toilet seat before using the toilet. I wiped it with a partially damp paper towel . The paper towel turns a little bit red and I realized that might be blood so I gave up using that toilet. However, I forgot whether I washed my hand after that wiping action before I used the new paper to wipe my annal area after bowl movement. Although my hemorrhoids is not bleeding during that bowl movement, it was bleeding one day before and I also have a minor annal fissure. So, what if the blood diffuse through the damp paper towel and touch my finger, my finger touch new paper and then my annal fissure and hemorrhoids. Was I be on risk? Later I was sure that I washed my hand, although there is no cut on my hand that wiped the toilet seat, there is a cut on my another hand. My two hands rubbed each other while washing. Is there any risk? I touched my lips where there is a cut and eyes after washing my hand with soap, will I be on risk?

Episode 4. I once used toilet at the family clinic. I noticed some un-flushed stools in the toilet. I flushed several time but there still some paper sticking on the front wall of the toilet. I have to pee but I feel some urine hit that paper and backsplash to my annal area. Still worry since I have annal cut...

Really thanks for your patience.

You are very welcome! Please see none of the above mentioned incidents can result in hiv transmission. I have thoroughly analysed each and every episode or incident you have mentioned above and none of them posed any kind of risk for hiv transmission in you, your risk for hiv was 0% and accordingly you were 100% safe during each episode or incident that you have mentioned above, so there is indeed & absolutely nothing to worry about having contracted hiv in you, and you can fully relax!

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thank you!

You are very welcome! Best Regards!

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thanks for your confirmation. Just developed cold symptom, cough and sore throat and very nervous. Should not be related right

You are very welcome! No, these symptoms have absolutely nothing to do with hiv since you have definitely not contracted hiv, so you can fully relax.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi Doctor. I just want to make sure that for all episodes I listed you analyzed based on the possible that the previous person’s discharge or blood was on the paper or toilet wall right?

Yes, I have analyzed each and every of the above episodes to the minutest details too, and you were indeed not at all exposed to hiv, so there is absolutely nothing to worry.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you so much

You are very welcome!