Dr. Greg
Dr. Greg, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Urgent Care Physician
101446932

I am wondering whether HIV will be transmitted by the dry

I am wondering whether HIV will be transmitted by the dry blood or the dry blood redissolved in the water.
JA: The HIV Doctor can help. Just a couple quick questions before I transfer you. In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: Good
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Nope

Hello, My name is Dr. Greg. I am a U.S. trained, board certified physician, and am happy to assist you with your health concern today. Please allow me a few minutes to read and respond to your question.

No, HIV cannot be transmitted via dried blood. The virus dies immediately when the blood dries. So, even if the dried blood is dissolved in water, the virus cannot come back to life.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Another question is that: "I just used the public toilet at library in the afternoon. I was in urge so I did not flush the toilet before I use. There are some toilet paper in the toilet water. I did not see any obvious blood by eyes. Later I started to worry. What if there are some body secretion fluid or tiny blood on the paper i did not see because it is diluted by the water and I got some backsplash on my annal area while I pee. I have annal fissure and it was a little bit bleeding in the morning. Is there any possibility to get HIV infection? Am I at risk?"

No, based upon what you describe, you wouldn't be at risk for HIV. There would be a very low likelihood of enough blood on the toilet paper to be able to transmit HIV. So, no reason to be concerned.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
will the virus also not transmissible after sitting in the toilet water for a while

The toilet water would dilute the blood to the extent that a person would not be able to contract HIV from it.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thanks

You're welcome. Take care.

Dr. Greg