the-good-doctor
the-good-doctor, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
55099014

Low temperature. It’s my daughters temperature. Repeating.

Low temperature
JA: The Pediatrician can help. Just a couple quick questions before I transfer you. Has your low temperature been stable or getting worse?
Customer: It’s my daughters temperature
JA: How long have you been dealing with low temperature? Is this a repeating or first-time issue?
Customer: repeating
JA: Anything else in the child's medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: she’s had 2 ear infections since end of September and currently has a cold
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
My daughter is almost 13 months old and a couple times after she’s taken a nap I’ve taken her temperature and it’s been around 96.2-96.5. She always acts completely normal and happy, and then when I take it shortly after she’s moved around, it goes back up to normal. Why is it so low after napping??

Hi, this is The Good Dr., here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

how low?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
96.2 after nap today

how are you checking it?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Rectally
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
And then it goes back up shortly after she wakes up. And she’s acting completely normal and happy and active. Could she just be cold?

Oh ok.

I see that is pretty accurate

Yes that is possible

I don't think anything is wrong

I think it is normal

perhaps she is just cold

I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).

We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Should I be monitoring her temperatures? Isn’t that pretty low? What could cause it to be that low? We keep the house at 70 degrees and she sleeps in a wearable blanket, onesie and socks

No I wouldn't monitor it

it seems excessive if she is feeling fine and happy

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
She is, Ive just looked on the internet and can’t find any cause for a low temperature in babies other than hypothermia.

I don't think people really check this to be honest

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
They don’t check temperatures??

not after waking and after getting up and comparing

It sounds like you are checking it a lot

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I just retook it after she’s been up for 2 hours and has been playing and ate dinner and it said 97.5. Is that too low?

no that is fine

she might just run a little low temp too

some people do

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok. Thank you.

very welcome :)