Edgar Rubio Villegas
Edgar Rubio Villegas, Doctor
Experience:  Doctor with 9 years of experience in family medicine, pediatrics, sexually transmitted diseases, dermatology, gynecology, general surgery and traumatology
99147888

I have an infection in my eyelids which i've seen a nurse

Hi there, I have an infection in my eyelids which i've seen a nurse about who gave me saline and vasaline to put on them however it seems to have flared up with my eyelids both being really sore and swollen and I don't know what to do and i'm worried about what it could be!
JA: The Doctor can help. Just a couple quick questions before I transfer you. How long have you had the swelling? Have you used any medication for it?
Customer: The first GP I saw suggested it was blephitis however I don't really have flakey skin, my eyelids are red and swollen and itchy with pain in one side of my eye - haven't been given any medication
JA: Have you used anything else for this?
Customer: just hot water and vaseline
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: had an ulcer on one of my eyes a few years ago however that seemed to be treated very easily and quickly

Hello, I´m Dr. Rubio

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for your question.

Please give me a minute to review your question.

How old are you?
Can you send me a picture?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hi Edgar thanks for this - I’m 24. Please find photo attached have it in both eyes

Please, allow me a moment while I write your answer.

If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger.

I appreciate the waiting time.

Dear friend, in this case you have a bacterial infection of the eyelid, it is indeed a Blepharitis but you need to start with antibiotics as soon as possible topically as ciprofloxation drops you should go to your nearest doctor to indicate and start treatment but should start with antibiotics.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Here is another photo that might help

it's definitely a blepharitis.

Do you have any questions???

you should start antibiotics as soon as possible.

If you have any query, please feel free to ask .I hope this information will be helpful.Your satisfaction is my goal. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen

I wish you a speedy recovery.

Regards

.

Do you have any other questions?