BFlanMD
BFlanMD, Doctor
Experience:  Assistant Professor of Family Medicine and Nursing
107309963

I feel dissy and have breathing issue everytime I eat. Also,

Hi, I feel dissy and have breathing issue everytime I eat. Also, feel bloated and my gums go slightly numb

Hi there, so sorry you are not feeling well. Just a quick question, is it only with certain foods or all the time? This is Bren F

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
All the time.

Ok do you have any other medical conditions that would help me out?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I had GBS 5 to 6 years ago
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
My eyes feel very heavy as well

Ok, so it could be many things, 1 comes to mind which is hypocalcemia (low calcium) or thyroid disorder. Both can lead to bloating, pain and even numbness of the gums and lips. I think your best bet would be to see your primary care doctor to get some blood work done. Also diabetes could make you feel like this as well. TO be honest, i think you need a good check up soon to get to the bottom of your condition.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
But why do my eyes feel heavy and I feel like closing them at all times

It could be something called hypothyroidism which causes swelling of the eyes as well as droopiness. It could also be low calcium which can cause the muscles of the eyes to weaken especially the eye lids.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Vitamins D deficiency?

Not so much with regards to vit d deficiency. You'd have to be super super low and it doesn't cause numbness. Sometime b12 deficiencies can cause some of your symptoms but not all. That is why getting a good thorough blood work panel would be great. I know its hard to treat over the internet.. If you want to ask around to other doctors on her just shoot them another message. I wish you the best of luck and feel better soon ok. Best, Bren F

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you for you guidance. Will go to my GP
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Just a quick one. What shall I do or take to over come hypocalcemia? But will still ask my GP

We have to see what the underlying cause is first, most commonly it is due to something called hypoparathyroidism, and simple blood work will help. It is treated with high doses of calcium to correct the low levels. I know you must be frustrated feeling like this but i promise you will get the answers soon.

Happy holidays!!