Dr. Das, MD
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, with wide experience in all aspects of medical treatment, including cancer therapy.
3452947

Had laparoscopic cholecystectomy 3 wks ago. Am still

Had laparoscopic cholecystectomy 3 wks ago. Am still experiencing high pain levels on certain .movements. Is this normal?
JA: The Doctor can help. Just a couple quick questions before I transfer you. How long have you had the pain? Have you used any medication for it?
Customer: Since the procedure. Oxycodone as directed. Little to no appetite. Out of pain meds, which had little effect anyway.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about the pain?
Customer: 2 wk post OP check normal according to surgeon. Was feeling ok then, but pain persists. Maybe will see him Monday.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I am highly prone to adhesion formation. I have NASH/cirrhosis upper left lobe liver.

If the pain is present only on movement, this is normal. It can take up to 4-6 weeks for the scars to heal completely.

But pain even when you are inactive is not normal. it could be a sign of an infection and you need to consult your doctor as early as possible.

I hope this helps.
Please click on a positive rating (5 stars) to leave feedback.
Thank you.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Level 8 pain, sometimes without movement. 5☆☆☆☆☆

That is quite severe pain.

Please consult your doctor as early as possible.

Thank you.