How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Edgar Rubio Villegas Your Own Question
Edgar Rubio Villegas
Edgar Rubio Villegas, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 5864
Experience:  Doctor with 9 years of experience in family medicine, pediatrics, sexually transmitted diseases, dermatology, gynecology, general surgery and traumatology
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Edgar Rubio Villegas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a picture of a spot im a little concerned with.

This answer was rated:

I have a picture of a spot im a little concerned with
JA: The Dermatologist can help. Just a couple quick questions before I transfer you. When did the spot first appear? Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: Appeared about a year ago or meds
JA: Have you seen a dermatologist about the spot?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No

Hello, I´m Dr. Rubio

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for your question.

Please give me a minute to review your question.


Can you send me a picture?


Customer: replied 16 days ago.


Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Trying to send
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Trying to send?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.

Since when do you have these spot?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Over 2 years
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No itching or bleeding

how old are you?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Feels normal
Customer: replied 16 days ago.

Please, allow me a moment while I write your answer.

If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger.

I appreciate the waiting time.


Dear friend, what you present are The spots of old age are flat marks, oval and brown, brown or black their scientific name is solar lentigos. They appear on the skin that has been most exposed to the sun over the years, such as the back of the hands, the instep of the feet, face, shoulders and upper back.
but it's not really a danger.
the treatment is based on protecting the skin as these are produced by skin changes generated by sun exposure so the use of regular sunscreens and avoiding sun exposure are a fundamental part of the treatment.


Do you have any questions???

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I will see my Doctor of course, but you feel its nothing to worry about?

No, you really don't have to worry. these are stains that come from old age, follow the recommendations and I assure you.


Do you have any other questions???

Customer: replied 16 days ago.

You’re welcome, I hope this information will be helpful. It's been a privilege to assist you

If you would be kind enough to leave a positive feedback rating by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen it would be greatly appreciated.

I wish you a speedy recovery.



Edgar Rubio Villegas and 6 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you