Dr.Sawhney
Dr.Sawhney, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,MS
4931939

I have oral thrush - does that mean I have HIV?

Welcome to Justanswer.I am Dr.Sawhney and your complete satisfaction is my goal. I am reviewing your question and I will respond shortly.

Not at all.People with HIV can get oral thrush.This does not mean that all people who get oral thrush have HIV.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Does my mouth look like I have oral thrush? I was taking Doxycycline Hyclate at 100mg 2x a day for a week. I was also taking hydroxycut and dieting as well.

Any other symptoms in the mouth?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No just the tongue

I do not think that this is oral thrush.

The whitening of the tongue can be due to dieting.Dieting causes increased production of ketones in our body which can cause white coating of tongue.

Feel free to ask any follow up questions.
Do take a moment to honour my work and time by rating my answer hopefully 5 stars.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I promise you’ll get 5 stars. I’m worried because a condom broke in a one night stand. The woman said she was clean but I’ve had fatigue, lower back pain, and burning pain when I pee and it’s difficult for me to ejaculate. My arms and upper body have exczema and I get heat flashes - what could this be? This occurred on August 24th of this year - that’s why I took left over doxycycline Hyclate for a week.

Fatigue, burning micturition, and lower back pain can be due to urinary tract infection or prostatitis.

Eczema and hot flashes can be independent of the urinary symptoms and can occur with anybody.

If you had accidental unprotected intercourse you should get a fourth gen HIV test done and a negative test will be conclusively negative if the exposure was in August.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thank you