the-good-doctor
the-good-doctor, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
55099014

The other day I went to my primary because my hands & feet

Hi, the other day I went to my primary because my hands & feet have been tingly on & off. Seems to come & go. Yesterday I felt fine & today I feel weak in my legs. They told my I might be deficient in B12. I go for bloodwork on Saturday to have it checked. I'm also pre diabetic. Any reason to panic?
JA: The Doctor can help. Just a couple quick questions before I transfer you. How long have you had diabetes? Have you used any medication for it?
Customer: I'm not on any medication currently. The Dr has been keeping a close eye on it for the past year.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about diabetes?
Customer: Yes my primary. I get blood done every 6 months
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No

Hi, this is The Good Dr., here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

no reason to panic

they will get it regulated

I suspect the low B12 can be correct and this will be fixed

I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).

We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
What if I continue to feel weak? Do you suspect low in b12?

yes I do

if you continue to feel week you need a test called an EMG

this is a nerve test of the arms and legs to see why the nerves are affected

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Sounds good. Thank you for your time. I appreciate it.

very welcome :)

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Can I ask 1 more question

sure :)

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
You dont think it's a serious auto immune disease do you?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Or does that not have anything to do with what I'm experiencing?

No I don't think so

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thanks again Dr

very welcome :)