Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I have an itchy and inflamed perineum. What are potential

I have an itchy and inflamed perineum. What are potential reasons and a treatment?
JA: The OB/GYN Doctor can help. Just a couple quick questions before I transfer you. How long have you dealt with the itchiness? Have you experienced this in the past?
Customer: For 2 days. Never in that area.
JA: When was your last pap test or pelvic exam? Any irregular results from past exams?
Customer: It was in May. No, everything was normal
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No, that is the only symptom. Also, no strange discharge either.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Do you have this itching inside your private area or on outside?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
It is just between the vagina and anus.. not inside the anus or vagina

Please wait, I am typing an answer and it may take 10 minutes to write a detailed answer. In the meantime, if you have any specific question, please let me know. Regards

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Ok.. I'd prefer to just read your answer before a phone call.

Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. The most likely cause of this problem is a fungal infection. That is very common in this area. I would suggest that you should apply over the counter available Clotrimazole cream with Hydrocortisone cream twice daily in that area for 10 days and soon you are going to be alright. I reassure you that there is nothing serious and there is no need to be stressed. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. A 5-star rating is requested and will be appreciated. Regards

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Is there any harm that can be done by applying hrdrocorizone cream?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Also, is sex allowed?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
And will the hydrocortisone cream make the itching feel better?

No hydrocortisone cream is totally safe in this area. Yes, sex is allowed. Yes, hydrocortisone is supposed to relieve the itching. My best wishes and prayers will be following you for good health. Please remember to rate my answer as this is how we get compensated for our time and effort here for you. A 5-star rating is requested and will be appreciated. Regards

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Does it have to be Clotrimazole or will any hydrocortisone cream work?

Hydrocortisone relieves the itching and clotrimazole to help with the underlying possible infection.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Oh, I understand. So I apply both? At the same time or at different times?

Yes mix them and apply together.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Great. Would you reccomend going in to see someone regardless or is it ok to try your recommendation first and see what happens?

I really don't think that you will need to see anyone. Just relax dear. I reassure you that there is nothing serious and you are going to be alright.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thank you so much. Today is my wedding day. Bad timing. Thank you. I will go buy the creams.

You are most welcome. Wow congratulations. Try hydrocortisone and you are going to feel better soon. All the best dear.