Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Medical Doctor
Experience:  20 Years in Internal Medicine, Neurology and Sports Medicine
61817858

Knee pain that does not give up with physiotherapy the

knee pain that does not give up with physiotherapy the traumatologist diagnosed me with a femoropatellar syndrome and I had a blood test today and this came out should I worry?

Hello. Do you have a history of gout? Are you overweight?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I have no history of gout I am 26 years old I measure 1.70 meters and weight 84 kilograms

These results are pretty good overall. Your uric acid level is a little high and we see this with gout. If you have never had a gout attack, this might put you at increased risk, particularly if you get dehydrated. So drink lots of fluids during the day. The liver enzymes are also a little high but not to a dangerous level. They can rise a bit from alcohol use, certain medications, including tylenol or from what we call "fatty liver" which is common in those who are overweight or have diabetes.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
should I worry? for the high levels? I don't drink alcohol
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Can the knee pain when walking and climbing bleachers lead to that?

No, these levels would not normally be considered worrisome if you are otherwise healthy. They should probably be repeated in a few weeks just to be sure they are not rising.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
No, these levels would not normally be considered worrisome if you are otherwise healthy. They should probably be repeated in a few weeks just to be sure they are not rising. Doctor?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Could this be the cause of knee and shoulder pain? when walking and climbing stairs it hurts. What should I do?

It's possible these results are related, although I doubt it. You should have them check you for hepatitis as it can lead to joint pain. Also, have them check a CRP (C-reactive protein) as it is a good marker for inflammation in the blood, including active gout. This would need to be treated with an anti-inflammatory such as naproxyn sodium, ibuprofen or indomethacin.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
then should I worry? I am currently taking meloxicam 15mg
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
What do you recommend me to do?

That's a good medication and should help. I would not worry at all. Just get the test repeated in 3-4 weeks just to make sure they have returned to normal.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
If I did not return to normal and continue so what to do?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
1 month ago I was given the same test because I had strong stomach discomfort and those liver enzymes were elevated a little bit

Statistically, that is likely due to fatty liver. Have your lipids checked (cholesterol, LDL, HDL) and have them rule out hepatitis B and C. A CRP would be helpful as well.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
triglycerides a little high had
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
pcr was negative

The high triglycerides were likely responsible for the slight elevation in the liver enzymes (fatty liver).

This is nothing to worry about. Get on a low fat diet and lose 10# and this will probably correct.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Okay thanks so much

You're welcome. Hope all works out for the best.