Dr. Greg
Dr. Greg, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Urgent Care Physician
101446932

I was wondering why I am so itchy down there. Only a few

Hi I was wondering why I am so itchy down there
JA: The OB/GYN Doctor can help. Just a couple quick questions before I transfer you. How long have you dealt with the itchiness? Have you experienced this in the past?
Customer: only a few days and never like this
JA: When was your last pap test or pelvic exam? Any irregular results from past exams?
Customer: I have never had one
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: no

Hello, My name is Dr. Greg. I am a U.S. trained, board certified physician, and am happy to assist you with your health concern today. Please allow me a few minutes to read and respond to your question.

I'm sorry to hear that you are suffering from vaginal itching. Based upon your symptoms, you most likely have a yeast infection. Yeast is caused by fungus and can infect the inside of the vagina and skin around the vagina. You can cure this type of infection with over the counter medications (i.e. Monistate or Vagisil). You can find these medications at any local pharmacy. I would recommend that you pick up one of them. If you are not feeling back to normal after completing the treatment, I would recommend that you see a doctor who can examine you and prescribe medications. I hope you feel better soon.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Thank you! I appreciate your help. Happy Thanksgiving!

You're welcome. Take care.

Dr. Greg