Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS
23101880

I have been waiting to get my period for a while now. I’ve

I have been waiting to get my period for a while now. I’ve used contraceptive pills (emergency pills) after having intercourse and it’s delayed my period. I recently had it 2 days ago and didn’t get the pill yet but just got my period today. Should I still get the pill?
JA: The OB/GYN Doctor can help. Just a couple quick questions before I transfer you. Are you using any contraceptives? When did your last period begin?
Customer: No, not anymore. Just the emergency pills after I have unprotected intercourse and last month
JA: When was your last pap test, and what were the results? Any swelling, discoloration, or unusual smells?
Customer: I haven’t had one yet. I’m only 18
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No
Hello there, hope all is well. Since you got your period then no need to get the emergency pill. Also the last week before you period is usually the safest and chances of getting pregnant are very very low.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Thank you (:

Hello , welcome to JustAnswer . I will be answering you shortly

Emergency pills can affect both duration and timing of your menstrual cycle . You got it now so no need for any pills. You are otherwise in safe zone to have sex as chances of getting pregnant are almost non existent at this stage of cycle

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Even if I had intercourse 2 days ago, didn’t get the pill, but got my period just now, am I safe?

Yes absolutely

Dr.Saleem, Doctor
Experience: MBBS
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
You the best doctor. Thank you! Have a good day

Thank you and most welcome.

Take care .

Regards