Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

I have a question about birth control. I am on my period

i have a question about birth control
JA: The OB/GYN Doctor can help. Just a couple quick questions before I transfer you. Are you using any contraceptives? When did your last period begin?
Customer: I am on my period right now i started on saturday and i am on birth control
JA: When was your last pap test, and what were the results? Any swelling, discoloration, or unusual smells?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: no

Hello, my name is Dr Stan, I am US trained, Board Certified with 30 years of patient experience. Please allow me a moment to review your question.

What question do you have about birth control?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I am taking birth control (junel fe ) and i have been taking it late recently a lot of times around 2-3 hours late mulitple times but i got my period on time and I had sex while on my period without protection and I was wondering if I was still protected against pregamcy or if i should be taking emergency contraceptive

You are very safe and from what you have described, you will not get pregnant and there is no reason to take any emergency contraception pills. Taking your birth control a few hours late will not affect the effectiveness of your pills, only missing your pills will do that. Also, having sex during your period will not cause you to get pregnant. That is the safest time to avoid pregnancy. You are very safe and will not get pregnant.

I hope I have addressed your concerns. Have I?

Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have.

I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. I sincerely hope that I have helped you and that I have earned your 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you.

Any additional thoughts, questions?