Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  board certified internal medicine
19706630

I was diagnosed with a right branch block on Saturday at the

I was diagnosed with a right bundle branch block on Saturday at the ER but no medication was administered and I am still light-headed and have some discomfort in chest
JA: The Cardiologist can help. Just a couple quick questions before I transfer you. Have you ever dealt with this before? Are you having any shortness of breath?
Customer: I have never dealt with this before my husband passed about 6 months ago and I got to thinking about him on Tuesday and I guess it's stuck with me I don't know if that's part of the problem and yes sometimes I have shortness of breath
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Long surgery in 2015 gelled fluid in lung
Hi. A RBBB is a minor electrical condition in the heart. No treatment is needed for it. RBBB causes no symptoms. Chest pain and lightheadedness
is not not from thenRBBB. Further workup is needed. Such as a stress test.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Ok thanks
You’re welcome. I’d appreciate you rating my answers with the stars on your screen so I receive feedback and credit. Thanks
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I googled this and it said no treatment is needed but some people eventually may need a pacemaker
Not for an isolated RBBB. Sometimes those with a RBBB develop other electrical problems that require a pacer.
Your doctor will monitor your heart with periodic electrocardiograms. Conditions that require a pacer are a variety of bradyarrythmias and different types of heart block.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
So you are saying that the right bundle branch block in most cases need no pacemaker so if the lightheadedness and the chest discomfort is not coming from the block like I was saying I lost my husband 6 months ago and I got to thinking about him heavily on Tuesday and Wednesday morning I got up and I was like this do you think that you may be stressed that I need stress medication
A RBBB alone doesn’t require a pacemaker. It causes no symptoms. It could be stress that’s causing your symptoms. I don’t have all of your medical history. It could be all due to anxiety however your doctor will need to decide if further cardiac workup is indicated. Such as a stress test.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
When and had blood pressure check 142 / 84 having headaches as well
That BP isn’t too bad
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Ok so it all may be just stress then is there anything ( med) you recommend besides rest
As I said before, I don’t know your entire history. Discuss the need for a strep test with your doctor. If it’s stress, then a mild sedative would help.