Dr. Greg
Dr. Greg, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Urgent Care Physician
101446932

Wow this is cool okay question. I am 20 itchy swelling

Hi:) Wow this is cool okay question
JA: The OB/GYN Doctor can help. Just a couple quick questions before I transfer you. How old are you? What symptoms are you having?
Customer: I am 20 itchy swelling vagina might be a yeast infection just in a lot of pain as in itch
JA: When was your last pap test or pelvic exam? Any irregular results from past exams?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: weakened immune system that’s it on birth control

Hello, My name is Dr. Greg. I am a U.S. trained, board certified physician, and am happy to assist you with your health concern today. Please allow me a few minutes to read and respond to your question.

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing vaginal irritation, swelling, and itching. Are you noticing a vaginal discharge?

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
It was cottage cheese bloody at first, then watery and now just normal discharge but more then normal

Ok, got it. Based upon your symptoms, you do most likely have a yeast infection. The discharge and symptoms can wax and wane. I would recommend that you purchase Monistat from over the counter. This treatment for yeast is effective and can cure the infection. You can find this medication at any local pharmacy. I hope you feel better soon.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I do I am using that currently and it's sooo much itchier since I put it in
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
And I don't know if I should be worried or wait or see a doctor
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I get them pretty regularly but never this bad

Ok, I'm sorry to hear that. Keep in mind that the medication may take up to 3 days to start improving the symptoms. The symptoms can worsen initially, depending upon the severity of the infection. If you prefer not to wait, you can visit a local urgent care to be treated with prescription medication, that is stronger.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Okay great thanks for the options
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Appreciate it :)

You're welcome. Take care.

Dr. Greg