Edgar Rubio Villegas
Edgar Rubio Villegas, Doctor
Experience:  Doctor with 9 years of experience in family medicine, pediatrics, sexually transmitted diseases, dermatology, gynecology, general surgery and traumatology
99147888

My menstrual cycle has been coming every 31-32 days and

My menstrual cycle has been coming every 31-32 days and lasting 7-8 days. Is this concerning?

Hello, I´m Dr. Rubio

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for your question.

Please give me a minute to review your question.

Has your period always been like this?

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
No just the last 3 months. Terrible pms too

Have you ever been under stress or anxiety?
Are you taking any medication?

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Yes both stress/anxiety. I’m only taking thyroid meds

Please, allow me a moment while I write your answer.

If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger.

I appreciate the waiting time.

Dear friend, the cycle in women can be up to 35 days and is normal, so worry, however in your case for having a history of hypothyroidism and recent stress are reasons that increase the levels of cortisol (stress hormone) so they can affect or generate a hormonal imbalance and see these changes in the period but once your stress improves and is controlled your hypothyroidism your period will normalize.

Do you have any questions???

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Ok thank you

You’re welcome, I hope this information will be helpful. It's been a privilege to assist you

If you would be kind enough to leave a positive feedback rating by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen it would be greatly appreciated.

I wish you a speedy recovery.

Regards.