Dr. Greg
Dr. Greg, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Urgent Care Physician
101446932

How likely is it for nitrofurantoin to affect Levora birth

How likely is it for nitrofurantoin to affect Levora birth control ? And what is the likely hood I can get pregnant? I had unprotected sex while after I was done taking the Antibiotics.
It was three days after I stopped taking the antibiotic. I’m suppose to get my period next week but I’m still very scared
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
I’m stressing myself out so much I’m nauseous

Hello, My name is Dr. Greg. I am a U.S. trained, board certified physician, and am happy to assist you with your health concern today. Please allow me a few minutes to read and respond to your question.
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Ok

Fortunately, there is no interaction between Nitrofurantoin and Levora birth control. Therefore, the 2 medications are safe to take together and both will be effective. I hope you feel better soon.

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Oh ok