Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Physician / Surgeon
Experience:  U.S. Surgeon / Neurological Surgery
206912

Con you take testosterone when you take coumadin. Am

Con you take testosterone when you take coumadin
JA: The Doctor can help. Just a couple quick questions before I transfer you. How long have you been using Testosterone? Has it helped at all?
Customer: Am considering but havent started I also take blood pressure med.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this?
Customer: Yes my Doctor talked to me about a shot he could give me .
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Have had bypass procedures three times and have been fine and my PT stays at 2.4

Hello -

You do have to take somewhat of a precaution.

The testosterone may increase your INR -- the testosterone can increase the potency of the warfarin medication.

So you would have to monitor your INR more carefully if you are going to be taking testosterone regularly.

I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!