Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I'm 30 weeks pregnant. 2 weeks ago blood test showed 97

I'm 30 weeks pregnant. 2 weeks ago blood test showed 97 haemoglobin and ferritin 6 ug/l. For 2 weeks I was taking Maltofer syrop 100mg elemental iron per day. In 2 weeks blood test showed Hb 98, ferritin don't know yet. Doctor says I need Fe infusion. Can 2 weeks show change in Hb level and show that oral medication is not effective?
JA: The Doctor can help. Just a couple quick questions before I transfer you. Have you used this medication or anything similar before?
Customer: I used spatone before
JA: Have you used anything else for this?
Customer: Folic acid as supplement
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Chronic sinus and often bronchitis in the past. Maybe that s not related

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Please wait, I am typing an answer and it may take 10 minutes to write a detailed answer. In the meantime, if you have any specific question, please let me know. Regards

Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. It is too early to assess the effectiveness of iron preparation in two weeks. It can take minimum 4 weeks. But the point is why your doctor is trying to give you infusion. The reason is your pregnancy. Your iron is not just needed for you but for your baby as well so they have to correct it quickly. So yes, I also recommend iron infusion and you shouldn't wait for it. Just get it. I reassure you that it is recommended to be done like this in pregnancy. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. A 5-star rating is requested and will be appreciated. Regards

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thank you for the answer. Have a nice day

Most welcome dear.