Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I have had an apesiotomy (sp?) And have what seems to be a

Hello
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I have had an apesiotomy (sp?) And have what seems to be a thicker piece of skin hanging down sometimes almost blocking my vagina hole. I've lost a significant amount of weight and notice it a lot more now. I'm wondering if this is normal or if I should be worried
JA: The OB/GYN Doctor can help. Just a couple quick questions before I transfer you. How old are you? What symptoms are you having?
Customer: 32 no symptoms
JA: When was your last pap test or pelvic exam? Any irregular results from past exams?
Customer: Several years and no irregular results
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

When was the procedure done?

You there? I just want to know that when the procedure of episiotomy was done?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
It was 8 years ago

Please wait, I am typing an answer and it may take 10 minutes to write a detailed answer. In the meantime, if you have any specific question, please let me know. Regards

Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. This has nothing to do with the episiotomy directly. The possible cause of this feeling of something blocking the vagina or something coming out of the vagina can be due to a uterine or vaginal prolapse. It can be a cyst as well or a polyp. The weight loss may or may not be connected. Yes, you should be concerned but shouldn't be stressed. You should see your Gynocologist and get your vaginal examination dome. You may need further tests like a CT scan or MRI to get to the cause. Don't worry, it is treatable and you are going to be alright. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. A 5-star rating is requested and will be appreciated. Regards

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thank you

You are most welcome. My best wishes and prayers will be following you for good health. Please remember to rate my answer as this is how we get compensated for our time and effort here for you. A 5-star rating is requested and will be appreciated. You can do this by clicking the stars on this page. Regards