Nitin Aggarwal
Nitin Aggarwal,
Experience:  Emergency Medicine Physician at Greater Washington Emergency Physician
106799243

I don’t know what to do I have had three fourth generation

Customer Question

I don’t know what to do I have had three fourth generation tests negative but I have purple reddish blotches in my mouth and it looks like oral hairy leuoplakia all my CBC with diffs have Been normal
Submitted: 5 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Nitin Aggarwal replied 5 days ago.
Hello. I'll try and answer your question to the best of my ability. Oral hairy leukoplakia is extremely uncommon in non HIV patients. If you have had 3 negative HIV tests, an alternate diagnosis is much more likely and you may benefit from a primary care doctor evaluation of the mouth or a dermatological biopsy if you continue to have concerns
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Can I show u a picture
We can try but an actual exam is usually more useful. Orsk hairy leukoplakia cannot be scraped off where as thrush usually can
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
It’s the back
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Side of tongue
Unfortunately impossible to diagnose anything with those pictures. I'd recommend an actual physical exam if you continue to have concerns
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Ok is it possible to be in aids and not be testing antibody positive
Not with 3 negative HIV tests
Please let me know if you have any other specific questions. I want to be sure I answer everything to your satisfaction! If you would be ever so kind to give me a 5 star rating, I would appreciate it! It's the only way I get credit for trying to help! The rating button is at the top right of the screen. Rating me now does not close your question.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
But I had some aids symptoms when they did the antibody tests
But you have had 3 negative HIV tests. You need to discuss alternative diagnoses with your doctor
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Is there anyway I could of spread it by saliva to my daughter r
Definitely not